Friday, June 30, 2006

Proof

Yes folks, I have been actually working on stuff...

I've been doing some spinning:

random llamsa
Random llama skeins... about 7 w.p.i., 150 yds black, 75 yds brown



mountain mist
Mountain Mist... not my name for it, but that is the name of the roving from which this skein came. SO can't remember the name of the company, but this fiber is HEAVEN... there's some silk, alpaca, angora and way too many other yummy things to name. This skein is about 200 yds, 8 wpi, and I'm only 1/3 through the Mountain Mist! I see a smoke ring in my future...



woodland walk
"Woodland Walk"... Corriedale blended with Angelina fibers and plied with Kona Bay's Razzle Dazzle yarn. 60 yds, 3 wpi. Inspired by the colors and textures of Kodiak's Sitka forests on a sunny day.


And, I've been doing some knitting:

knitbag

Made this honkin' huge felted bag out of Lamb's Pride Bulky. I like how the bag turned out, but I won't be felting this stuff again. My head knew better... that the 15% mohair that is in this stuff would make for a furry felted product. But, my heart just LOVED the colors. So, after it was done felting, I busted out the hair clippers and shaved it like it was an Olympic swimmer. Now it's perfect and I use it everyday for carting around my many knitting/spinning projects. I just sorta made up the patt as I went along, and no, I didn't write it down. Sometimes I just like to make something with the knowledge that it is truly one-of-a-kind...



steve's hat
...like with this. This is a hat for a friend of me mum's who was recently diagnosed with cancer. I don't know the guy, but he is special to her, which makes him special to me and all that stuff. I'm using Cascade 220 Heathers (talk about perfect guy colors) on 4mm needles and an adaptation of the Fiber Trends "Swirls Hat" pattern (mostly just for the chart... my hat is definitely different from the one prescribed!). Today's lesson: Never underestimate the power of a wild hat, especially when it is made with love and prayers.


1 Comments:

At 7/04/2006 5:30 PM, Blogger yarnpunk said...

Hey you! I'm getting you linked up on my blog- I swear. And I'm such a lame ass- I forgot those fresh eggs I promised you. Please don't delete your blog- your knitting rocks and you are always up to cool shit.

BTW- I've been getting awesome feedback about you from customers at the shop. See ya tomarrow- I'll try not to forget the eggs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home