Tuesday, July 11, 2006

fiberglass

Despite the ranting of my last post, I have not been hiding out in a bomb shelter... have just been super-busy. Not too much time for fiber stuff, but here is what I've been working on:

Here is the progress on Steve's Swirly Hat:

swirly

I'm at the crown-shaping point, which is always my favorite part- it's all less stitches per round from here!

And, I started a blanket. My cousin (well technically second cousin, but we are closer than my other cousins, so you know) crashed his motorcycle the other day. It's a bad scene, as in he is still in very critical condition and may be a quadriplegic if he does pull through. He is a wonderful man, always full of jokes, loves to make people smile, and would give you the shirt off his back. Why does stuff like this only happen to people who do not deserve it? Anyway, I'm making him a blankie, 'cause that's all I could really think of to do right now.



blankie

Recognize the yarn? Yes kids, that's right, it's Lion Brand Homespun. Hooomespuuun... not my lovely handspun, but lovely acrylic Homespun. Usually I wouldn't let this yarn touch my Addis, but I do like how it knits up in seed stitch, and well, it's machine washable/dryable, which will be good in case my cousin pisses and/or shits on it. (He has a very crude sense of humor like moi, so he will appreciate the joke at his expense.)

So, other than yarny things, I have been making glass stuff, which I am selling at the store next door to the LYS. My other pics turned out like crap, but this one didn't, which is good, 'cause it's the one thing I really wanted to show off.


puffin

That's a horned puffin, my own design. I am tempted to keep it, but frankly folks, I need the money and am therefore whoring out my creativity (I initally wrote, "whoring myself out creatively", then realized how that sounded). Oh well, selling beautful stained glass that I would rather keep certainly beats working at the docks...

3 Comments:

At 7/12/2006 1:41 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

You're clearly a woman of many talents - whore them hun :D

 
At 7/12/2006 4:08 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

That's a beautiful bird. I'm sorry to hear about your cuz.

 
At 7/12/2006 8:32 AM, Blogger Pyewacket said...

I am SO sorry to hear about your cousin. Best wishes for a full recovery.

That swirly hat is beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home