Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Naiads and such

Some progress on things. Steve's Swirly Hat is still in the same spot... but that should be done either tomorrow or the next day. Here is the progress on Rick's Blankie...


Ahhh... mindless seed stitch- makes it easy to think good thoughts for him as I knit. No real change for the better, BTW, but miracles do happen or something.

And, I started this shawl...


I was intrigued by the idea of freeform knitting, but kind of put off by the fact that it can be SO random... I am a linear thinker, but I do like things that look organic and straight from Nature. So, I decided to do a triangular shawl in which I chose colors based upon a skein of Noro Kureyon # 150 and in which fringe is created when I change yarn. About 1/2 of the yarn is my handspun.

When it is done, I'll attach little rock oyster shells in random places (the little white thing is one of said shells). I'm thinking that the shawl will look like something that a naiad and/or mermaid would wear.

Also caught another fish. Now this is BIG for a pink... this is next to my Size 8 shoe. He is currently in the smoker.
Had a treat last night- made some sushi using the sockeye that my friend Dave gave us. I'll leave you with this yummy parting shot:


1 Comments:

At 7/18/2006 8:32 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Oh god, smoked salmon...you're killing me here!!! Mmmmmm!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home